This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data through your use of my site https://www.philipjamesphotography.co.uk
By providing me with your data, you warrant to me that you’re over 13 years of age.
Philip James Dolman is the data controller and I’m responsible for your personal data (referred to as “I”, “Me”, “My” in this privacy notice).
Full name of legal entity: Philip James Photography, trading under the name of Exposure Creative.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Only available to my customers.
Telephone number: 0121 798 0217
It is really important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. WHAT DATA DO I COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUNDS WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
I may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to me whether that be through the contact form on my website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send me. I process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details and purchase details (I do not hold credit/debit card details). I process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. My lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and I and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use my website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on my website or through other online services. I process this data to operate my website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of my website, to maintain back- ups of my website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of my website, other online services and business. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website and my business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of my website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on my website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website. The source of this data is from my analytics tracking system. I process this data to analyse your use of my website and other online services, to administer and protect my business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of my advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website and my business and to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
- Photographic Data is the photographs I create for you. Photographs of people are classed as ‘personal information’ which is why I have to have this rather obvious paragraph! I process this data to be able to do the work you have paid me to do. My lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and me. I also reserve the right to use the photographs I create in my website portfolio, blog and social media accounts to enable me to promote my photography business. After all, if I can’t show the work I produce, most likely you wouldn’t have found me. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case enable me to promote myself and stay in business. Privacy aspects can be discussed prior to booking my services, if required.
- Sensitive Data. I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. I’m only there to photograph your wedding! Where I’m required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between me and you do not provide me with that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide me with the requested data, I may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if I do, I will notify you at the time.
I will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email me at email@example.com In case I need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. I do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
3. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
I do not send out any regular marketing emails. I don’t send spam, harass or annoy you.
4. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Printing partners – the companies I use to create albums and prints for you. Print orders can be sent from my printing partner direct to your home, so your name and address will be sent to them when we process the order.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Some of my third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever I transfer your personal data out of the EEA, I’ll do my best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- I will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where I use certain service providers, I may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If I use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, I may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, I may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
6. DATA SECURITY
I have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. I have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if I’am legally required to.
7. DATA RETENTION
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for I look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
Contact Form: If you make an enquiry with me via the contact form on our website, I will delete that data after 6 months unless you choose to book my services.
Final Details Form: If I photograph your wedding, I will need you to complete a long list of information closer to the wedding date – we call this our ‘Final Details’ form. This form includes details of the ‘key people’ at your wedding – and may include addresses and telephone numbers, if relevant to my work. I will only keep this data on file until your wedding photographs are delivered to you.
Photographs: All photographic images delivered to you – including layout designs for albums – are archived permanently to enable me to provide you with a copy should you ever lose or corrupt your own. Please note that I cannot “guarantee” this service but will my very best to always keep a copy of your image files.
For tax purposes the law requires me to keep basic information about my customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I will request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). I would be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you.
9 THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, such as other wedding suppliers, venues etc. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
What’s a cookie?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of my site.
- Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. I use persistent cookies for Google Analytics but these are ‘anonymised’ so that usage cannot be tracked back to an individual computer or device.
- Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on my website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. This type of cookie are used in the Client Area galleries on my website.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable me to monitor and improve the performance of my website. For example, they allow me to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of my site are most popular. These cookies have been ‘anonymised’ so use cannot be tracked back to an individual computer or device.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow my website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.